I love sports. Tracking teams, players, records and statistics has always interested me. As a kid, I started my day by getting the newspaper Sports Section where I studied baseball box scores and teams standings as I ate breakfast. These days I do it on my iPad.
All my life I’ve been an athlete (soccer and hockey into college), sports enthusiast, coach, club organizer and sports promoter. I’ve coached hockey for more than 25 years, at every level from learn-to-skate through high school for both boys and girls. I’m proud that former players have made it to college, many playing D1 or D3 hockey, to the NHL, US national teams, their local adult leagues, positions of responsibility, parenthood, and to becoming strong, confident, productive members of society.
What I have always enjoyed most about coaching is helping athletes develop skills. Trained to be an engineer, my approach has been to break skills down into their component parts, ensuring each is refined and compiled into the successful performance of a stride, shot, pass or agile movement.
Playing any sport with strong skills is much more fun, increasing the likelihood that players will continue to play and advance to higher levels. SportzMetrix was founded to provide the detail and data that I have always wanted to help athletes better understand, manage and develop their skills.
- 30 Years of Leadership Experience in Software and
- Over 25 years youth coaching experience
- Leadership Instructor,
Westminster School, 2013-Present
- Executive Producer, GottaLoveCTHockey
- Founder, Northern Lights Girls Sports, Inc.
- Hockey Camp Director Since 1995,
- US Army Telecommunications Officer (1979-1984)
- Northeastern University: M.S., Leadership
- US Military Academy at West Point:
B.S., Engineering; Hockey Player
Athlete Testing and Combines
I too love sports. It began as a player throughout my youth, in ice hockey and lacrosse mostly, and quickly turned into my coaching career as a teenager. I was given the opportunity to help coach a town-run mite youth hockey team and to work at some youth hockey camps that very same year. I fell in love with the profession and have not looked back!
Sports are the most true-to-life scenario that anyone can reference. The mental and physical highs and lows, the joys of seeing hard work payoff, and the disappointments of a trial not gone your way—which can lead to great comeback stories!
SportzMetrix allows athletes and coaches to measure success and how work is paying off for them. Technology, when used properly, can really help someone get to where they want to be. SportzMetrix can offer one that by providing real time data, both about someone’s overall and sport-specific athletic ability. With that data, the sky is the limit, and I hope to offer that value to athletes, coaches, and sports in general, as we move forward.
- CT Titans Lacrosse Club LLC: Director of Coaching and Education (2016-present)
- Rocky Hill High School, Rocky Hill, CT: Assistant Boy’s Ice Hockey Coach (2012-2013)
- Connecticut Chiefs: Head Coach, AAA Split Season U16 Boys Ice Hockey Team (2011)
- Conard High School, West Hartford, CT: Assistant Varsity Boy’s Hockey Coach (2008-2012)
- Connecticut Lazers / Connecticut Wings: Head Coach, 1996 Birth Year AAA Team (2006-2008)
- Connecticut Northern Lights Girls Hockey: Head Coach, U12 AAA, U14 AAA (2004-2006)
- Avon High School, Avon, CT: DV, JV, and Varsity Lacrosse Coaching Positions (2004-2016)
- Breakaway Enterprises Summer Skills Camps: Director of Education and Lead Instructor (1997-2010)
- University of Scranton: Men’s Lacrosse;
Bachelor’s Degree, Education (2003)
Athlete Development Manager
- CT Nighthawks: Director of Hockey Operations; Director of Strength and Conditioning (2016-Present)
- Hartford Jr Lady Wolfpack: Associate Head Hockey & Strength and Conditioning Coach (2015-2016)
- International Skating Center of Connecticut: Manager (2014-2015)
- CT Nighthawks: Head Hockey Coach/General Manager (2014)
- University of Southern Maine: Men’s Ice Hockey;
Bachelor’s Degree, Exercise Science (2013)
Skills Development Coach
As Director of Athletics at Westminster School, Tim oversees a three-season athletics program that includes 55 teams, competing in 15 sports.
- Westminster School:
Director of Athletics (2012-Present);
Head Coach, First Boys’ Hockey;
Associate Director of Admissions
- USA Hockey: Coach & Evaluator,
New England District & Massachusetts District
- Trinity College: Co-captain,
Men’s Varsity Ice Hockey; Bachelor’s Degree (2004)
Exercise Science Support Team
From Central CT State University
Students from Central CT State University’s Exercise Science Program add their knowledge and enthusiasm to the sport testing experience. SportzMetrix’s CCSU team are gaining the necessary cognitive and practical experiences for certification by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Follow Us on Instagram!